Rules & Regulations
How To Race
Each rider will need to hold a current and appropriate class ACU licence and become a member of any Formula Grasstrack associated club.
You can contact the club secretary for application forms and the ACU for licence details by using the contact us page to the left or the ACU direct. Please remember that everyone in all of the clubs will be willing to help you obtain the required licences / memberships.
ONLY THE BELOW ENGINE MANUFACTURERS CAN BE USED:
- A standard street legal 100cc- 125cc single cylinder, two valve 4 – stroke, aircooled.
- Standard specification as HAYNES MANUAL
- i.e. Bore 56mm. Stroke 49.5mm. Comp ratio 9.5 : 1 etc.
- No engines designed for off-road use to be used e.g. Xr range
- No interchanging of parts that would alter standard specification of engine.
Zongchen Pit Bike Engine
- A Standard 125cc Single cylinder, two valve, 4-Stroke, aircooled engine.
- Bore 54.0mm. Stroke 54.5mmb
- Standard Head with inlet valve at 27mm and exhaust valve at 23mm
- NO ROLLER ROCKER HEADS ALLOWED. CAM SHAFT TO BE STANDARD
All machines must comply with the standard regulations for Grasstrack racing as given in the current edition of the A.C.U. handbook with the exception of the following:
- Any make of carburettor may be used.
- Honda – No maximum size.
- Zongshen – Maximum size of 26mm. Carb must be upright.
- Standard ratios only.
- No close ratio gears.
- Gears to be fitted as standard with model.
- No pinions to be left out of gear box, the full cluster must be fitted.
- Petrol – normal pump grade.
- Methanol is not allowed.
- Any type of ignition including electronic.
- Rotor & Stator plate may be removed.
- REAR TYRE RESTRICTED TO Grasstrack/Speedway/Trials tread pattern only.
- Maximum tyre width 3.75 inches (95mm).
- 23” front wheels only.
- NO TYRE CUTTING IN ANY FORM WILL BE ALLOWED.
- NO RESTRICTION AS A.C.U. TECHNICAL REGULATION 4.3.
|Class||Age Group||Plate Colour||Number Colour||Example|
|Cadet/Auto Cadet||6-8 years.||White||Black|
|Senior||over 16 years.||Black||White|
- To be a member of an FGA club, Wrekin, Minsterley or Whitchurch.
- To join the FGA formula fifty club.
- To have either an ACU Licence or purchase a day permit.
- To have a specification compliant Bike and Safety Wear.
- The General ACU Handbook can be located at this link and the Track Racing Standing Regulations can be located at this link.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF MINSTERLEY, WREKIN OR WHITCHURCH CLUB AND HAVE NOT PAID YOUR FORMULA 50, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY A £5 SURCHARGE ON EACH ENTRY MADE.
All Race Results are now available on the Championship Tables page.
As of 2022, all results count towards each rider’s championship tally. No dropped round.
All Race Reviews are now available on the Race Reviews page.
Race Meeting Photographs
All available Photos from the Race Meetings are now in the Championship Folder in the Gallery
We would love you to post your pictures as well. If you log into the site, you will see an option at the bottom of the page to upload yours as well.